We at the Kla Ha Ya Days Festival believe that Snohomish is a great town and community to live in. One of the many things that help define the community of Snohomish is its annual community festival. The festival allows the community to come together on the wonderfully historic streets of Snohomish to meet each other and celebrate the great atmosphere that we live in. In order for this to happen we need volunteers:
The festival is looking for volunteers:
- Tuesday, July 11th –5pm – Set out NO Parking signs on First Street from Ave. J to Willow Ave. – (10-12 volunteers – 13+ years old) Meet at Visitor Information Center 1301 First Street.
- Saturday, July 15th –5am-9am – Set-up for street fair (chalking the spaces and guiding vendors to their spots) (3-4 volunteers) Meet at City Hall, 116 Union.
- Saturday, July 15th 8am -9:30am – Tear down the No Parking signs on First Street from Avenue D to Avenue A prior to parade starting (6-8 volunteers) Check in at Information booth at north side of 1st Street and Union Ave.
- Saturday, July 15th – 9:30am – 1pm – Barricade monitors – Volunteers are needed to make sure no cars try to go around the barricades that are set up for the parade. We need volunteers at the intersections of First Street and Avenues D,C,B,A,. Two volunteers per barricade for a total of 8 volunteers. At least one volunteer needs to be 16+ years old) – Check in at Information booth at north side of 1st Street and Union Ave.
- Saturday, July 15th – 1pm- 3pm or 3pm – 6pm Barricade monitor at 1st and Ave. A (2 volunteers per 2.5 hour shift so 4 volunteers in total) Check in at Information booth at north side of 1st Street and Union Ave.
- Saturday, July 15th – 1:30pm -4:30pm – Kids Sawdust Treasure Hunt. (Set up the sawdust pit (4 volunteers at least two 16+) Check in at Information booth at north side of 1st Street and Union Ave.
- Saturday, July 15th – 1:30-3:30pm – Registration for the Pie& Ice Cream Eating Contest (3 volunteers) Meet at Snohomish Pie Company, 915 First Street
- Sunday, July 16th – 9am- Noon or Noon – 3pm Barricade monitor at 1st and Ave. A, 1st Street & Maple (4 volunteers per 3 hour shift so 12 volunteers in total) Meet at Check in at Information booth at north side of 1st Street and Union Ave..
- Sunday, July 16th – 10am – Tear down the No Parking signs on First Street from (3-6 volunteers) Meet at Beer/Music Garden – 1st & Ave A
- Sunday, July 16th – 2pm – 6pm – Final clean-up and Street Opening. Meet at Beer/Music Garden – 1st & Ave A
This Historic and fun community celebration cannot happen without the hard work and dedication of the many volunteers who put forth their time and effort. We encourage all those with the desire to get involved in the community to devote a little bit of time to this great festival.
By being part of the festival you will not only be helping this historic community event you will also be meeting new people and having a lot of fun along the way.
As with any community event, our volunteers are essential to the overall success of the weekend. We ask that as a family, neighborhood, religious organization, business or civic group you consider volunteering for Kla Ha Ya Days.
Volunteer during festival week by helping in the Information Booth, at recreational events, Frogtastic Kids day and activity booths, set-up, or for safety during the Saturday parade. Festival volunteers should be friendly and responsible. Volunteers 15 years of age or older this may be a way for you to work towards accredited volunteer hours for the following school year.
Benefits to Volunteering
Besides bragging rights, as a volunteer you can:
- Add valuable accredited volunteer hours to your resume’ and or college application
- Work with an incredible group of people who are passionate about the festival and fun to hang with
- Peek behind the scenes at what it takes to run an event of this magnitude
Come out be part of the fun and a great festival that helps make Snohomish a great community to live in. Volunteers make the festival fun!